|Semi Senior Tax & Accounting|
|Sharp Electronics Europe Ltd|
|Stockley Park Office (Heathrow)|
|Permanent / Full Time|
Share | |
|We are looking for a Semi Senior - Tax & Accounting professional to join the finance team at Stockley Park, our European Head Quarters.
Reporting to the Director of Tax & Accounting, you will provide hands on support with UK and overseas tax compliance matters and month end UK accounting obligations. The role is expected to be split 50:50 between tax and accounting
You should have good solid experience in Indirect (VAT) tax and be willing to develop your corporate tax and general accounting skills.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to broaden their financial skills with wide exposure to an international business.
Indirect Tax Compliance
• Manage and work through the UK VAT outsourcing compliance process for the HQ entity
• Provide the finance team with a monthly VAT account reconciliation for HQ entity
• Assist with advising the business on ad-hoc VAT for cross border transactions
• Ensure SAP VAT coding is kept up to date for business changes
• Provide targeted VAT training to relevant business units
Direct Tax Compliance
• Help lead the annual UK corporate tax compliance process for HQ entity
• Ad-hoc support with pan European transfer pricing compliance and tax project work
• Provide HR team with ad-hoc support on PAYE related topics
• General bookkeeping support to maintain accurate accounting
• Assist with month end reporting obligations
• Provide support with year-end audit process
• Assist with ad-hoc projects to improve accounting controls and reporting,
• Strong working knowledge of Excel (VLookup’s, Pivot Tables)
• Good communication skills, able to build relationships with internal/external parties
• Time management skills with ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Recent working knowledge of SAP and xFlow would be a distinct advantage
• AAT Qualification (or similar) or P/Q ACCA would be a distinct advantage
• Background in working for an international group preferred
• Must be highly organised and able to be flexible at month end
• Self-motivated and able to work on own as well as within a team
• Attention to detail, with a questioning attitude
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Proven self-starter, ability to work under pressure, manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines
About Sharp Electronics Europe
At Sharp Electronics Europe, the European subsidiary of Japan’s Sharp Corporation - a company known worldwide for its ground-breaking electronic products and solutions – our mission is to develop innovative products that support individual expression. Creating life-enhancing experiences that let you Be Original.
Sharp’s business products boost your productivity and reduce costs. With a comprehensive portfolio of award-winning document management and display solutions, Sharp helps businesses to create, manage, visualise and share information. From Multi-function Printers to document management solutions, video walls to interactive flat panel displays, Sharp’s expanding range of workplace technologies and services are designed to support new ways of working. Whether it’s for your home or organisation, we provide the solutions you’re looking for.
Sharp is a leading specialist in solar energy solutions, with over 55 years’ experience in creating safe, efficient, sustainable energy products. They help businesses and homeowners take control of their electricity costs and reduce their environmental impact.
We are dedicated to improving people's lives through the use of advanced technology and a commitment to innovation, quality, value, and design. We invite you to find out more about us at www.sharp.eu
How to Apply:
Would you like to apply to this job?