|Software Support Engineer|
|Sharp Electronics Europe Ltd|
|Stockley Park Office (Heathrow)|
|Permanent / Full Time|
Share | |
|Software Support Engineer
Join us at Sharp Electronics’ European headquarters in a key role where you will be providing support on system and software issues reported by Sharp’s developer partners who are using our Open System Architecture. You will also provide support for issues with partner software escalated from our sales operations in Europe.
• Support on system and software issues reported by Sharp developer partners, who are using the Open System Architecture (OSA)
• Support of issues with Sharp OSA software escalated up from Sharp sales operations in Europe.
• Modifying existing software testbed or testing against Sharp MFPs, 3rd party applications and/or network configurations to find the problem’s root cause
• QA for new/existing applications, and evaluating software as required
• The level of support required involves:
o Frequent checking and updating of specifications
o Recreating customer setup and network environments to assess the issue
o Testing against the Sharp range of MFP devices
o Capturing and analysing network trace data
o Compilation and adjustment of existing testbed C# and/or .NET software samples in order to help reproduce / identify reported software problems.
o Identifying and diagnosing problems, offering resolution or a stable workaround
o Escalating the problem to the software developer or Sharp HQ in Japan as appropriate
• Assist escalation of customer feature requests to planning groups internally or to Japan Factory, supplying detailed technical information, testing of prototypes, workarounds and solution.
• Assist in the test, evaluation or confidence test of application software and utilities, against a range of Sharp MFPs, reporting on results, observations and operational recommendations.
• Assist in planning, upgrading and maintaining test networks
Experience / Qualifications
• A background in Solutions demonstration, configuration & troubleshooting
• Good experience of software test, debug and evaluation
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
• Demonstrable experience of programming in C#
• Experience in setting up Operating Systems on Servers
• Excellent communication skills and an analytical mind
• Clear verbal and written communication in English, with a technical emphasis.
• Working knowledge of Wireshark network trace
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and SSL/TSL
About Sharp Electronics Europe
At Sharp Electronics Europe, the European subsidiary of Japan’s Sharp Corporation - a company known worldwide for its ground-breaking electronic products and solutions – our mission is to develop innovative products that support individual expression. Creating life-enhancing experiences that let you Be Original.
Sharp’s business products boost your productivity and reduce costs. With a comprehensive portfolio of award-winning document management and display solutions, Sharp helps businesses to create, manage, visualise and share information. From Multi-Function Printers to document management solutions, video walls to interactive flat panel displays, Sharp’s expanding range of workplace technologies and services are designed to support new ways of working. Whether it’s for your home or organisation, we provide the solutions you’re looking for.
Sharp is a leading specialist in solar energy solutions, with over 55 years’ experience in creating safe, efficient, sustainable energy products. They help businesses and homeowners take control of their electricity costs and reduce their environmental impact.
We are dedicated to improving people's lives through the use of advanced technology and a commitment to innovation, quality, value, and design. We invite you to find out more about us at www.sharp.eu
How to Apply:
To apply now, click on “Apply Online”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role.
Would you like to apply to this job?