|2nd Line Internal Support
High Wycombe. Full Time*
The internal IT department of Complete I.T. is growing! We need a friendly, enthusiastic and ambitious person to join our team.
At Complete I.T. we believe that it’s the service we deliver to our clients that sets us apart, and our IT department is exactly the same. The successful candidate will be driven to go the extra mile to help our team members resolve their IT issues, participate in self-study (with access to online tools provided by us), in order to train and develop themselves in the latest and greatest technologies and have an attention to detail to ensure all our systems documentation remains up-to-date.
We have 7 offices in the UK, so whilst the majority of this role will be based in our High Wycombe office, travel will be required to help colleagues in other offices and assist in projects in those offices (80/20 High Wycombe / other offices).
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to all team members of Complete I.T. either face to face or over the phone
- Ensure all requests made to the IT department are logged in our service management system (ConnectWise Manage) and are responded to according to our department service standards
- Attempt first time fix in all cases and then agree next actions if this is not successful
- Communicate frequently and proactively with users who request service, so they know the status of their request and understand what will happen next at all times
- Undertake support tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure tasks are completed to the required standards
- Carry out post call closure follow up’s as appropriate to check satisfaction
- Follow escalation procedures when requiring assistance from the Internal I.T. Manager
- Identify the root cause of issues and communicate these to the Internal I.T. Manager
- Identify gaps in technical documentation and populate or raise to the Internal I.T. Manager
- Setup accounts and hardware for new starters following Complete I.T. procedures, ensuring that the equipment is ready to use when the new team member joins the company
- Ensure our hardware and software asset registers are updated to comply with our ISO27001 certification whenever team members join, change roles or leave the business
- Manage our internal stock
- Assist with delivering internal IT projects as and when required such as system upgrades or network upgrades
- Work with our vendors and partners to address any technical issues in their products or services
- Ensure that backups of the Complete I.T. on-premise and cloud infrastructures are succeeding on a daily basis
- Monitor internal systems proactively for issues that may impact on the business.
- Renew and manage the Complete I.T. client domain names, DNS changes and SSL certificates
- Meet the KPI’s required for the role as determined by the department.
- Have a can-do, positive attitude and a passion for problem solving – no-one knows all the answers, we need to troubleshoot issues to find out what’s wrong
- Experience providing 1st and 2nd line support to a business where you can demonstrate taking issues from reporting to resolution
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot the following technologies to a second line level: - Office 365 - Windows Server (2012R2 – 2019) - Microsoft Office - Windows 10 - Printing hardware and servers - Network switching and Wi-Fi - IP telephones - iPhones as part of a corporate fleet - Mobile Device Management systems - Backup technologies such as Datto or Veeam - Laptop and desktop hardware (fault finding and part replacement)
- Corporate anti-virus management solutions (we use Webroot SecureAnywhere)
- Experience managing Office 365 in a hybrid cloud/on-premise configuration is a plus, but not required, as is experience with using ConnectWise Manage, Automate and Sell and holding Microsoft technical accreditations
- A hunger for knowledge and self-improvement. - Be comfortable working in a changing environment where you are always seeing new and exciting challenges and where often things need to happen quickly.
CIT is driven not only by our clients and our fantastic relationships with them, but also our amazing team. We are not just a successful business, we are a family. People matter to us – their opinions, their ideas, their development and most importantly their happiness is valued above all else, as they are the key to our success. With this is mind we try to make sure that the benefits that we offer to our team reflect the high value that we place on them. We offer private healthcare schemes, an employee assistance programme, access to an exclusive discount website, eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, long service awards, and quarterly team nights out. We also carry out bi-annual development reviews for all of our team members, giving them the opportunity to discuss their career and their training and development. Our team are the best in the business, so training is very important to us – we provide internal and external technical and soft skills training, and support our team by paying for them to take the exams that they need to gain valuable, industry recognised qualifications to develop their knowledge and expertise.
Please check out the privacy notice for candidates on our website - see link below: https://www.complete-it.co.uk/privacy-notice/